More than just coping
Last time I was just 'coping'...that's one story, but not the only story
....like today, for example!
Highlights from today:
- All three of us sleeping in - all in bed until 8.25am
-STILL managing to get two children to their nursery groups by 8.45am and 9am respectively - without much protest!
-Shazza cooking Jessie and me lunch - using a meal Lynda had cooked and left in our fridge this morning
- Kirin with two year old friend Queenie whose home backs onto a south London graveyard - running and climbing amongst tombstones - both with not a scrap of clothing on them. Had they feathery wings attached to their backs - they might have blended better!
- Asha getting every bit of exposed skin covered in beautiful painted tatoos - thanks Gabi!
- Helen cooking us dinner, while Karen is bathing Asha (trying to avoid washing off her arm tattoos), with Kirin asleep upstairs after his antics and exploits south of the river.
-Asha choosing a photo of Ali to attach to her pink furry cross made for her to cuddle
Left to right: Karen, Helen, Kirsty, Gabi (with Asha)
-making music for an hour: Rod (Mandolin) - Me (Fiddle) - Shazz & Helen (singing) - Karen (Piano) - as happens here every Tuesday at 8.30pm
-Prayers - Tuesday evening's 9.30pm ritual - beautiful words from Iona...
Life at 33 Powerscroft is full up with good things and we are surrounded by beautiful people.
Thanks for wanting to know how we are doing.
Tuesdays seem to be particularly rich experiences for our little family.

11 Comments:
Dear Chris,
I'm most grateful for both of these messages. I choke up and smile and remember and envision. The way the past and present and future are open (unblocked) is a wonderful picture of authentic hope. I need examples like that. I pray that the God of all ages and times will continue to nourish this hope. Love, MaryTN
12:12 pm
So lovely to write after MaryTN as she writes so beautifully. Just wanted ( perhaps selfishly) for everyone to know that in Amsterdam the daisies from the service are blooming. I think about Ali thousands of times every day but not always with pain, so often with joy and gratitude. Amazing that we can feel such conflicting emotions. Thank you thank you for all the contact with us; it so helps to walk this strange unfamiliar road with others. Love as always from the twin.
10:47 pm
Greetings from Bristol! We are certainly enjoying Bristol (as Ali instructed me when I visited in her last week)
So glad you are continuing this wonderful blog. I love to read it and think of you often.
Thankyou, Chris. With love from Lou Gray xxx
9:52 pm
Loved the naked cherubs in the churchyard. I can just picture it. Aren't kids great. You're all great.
10:55 pm
Chris, thanks so much for doing this... we feel so far away and this helps us feel connected. Love and prayers, Aussie cousin Margie
8:17 am
Dear Chris
I'm so glad you are still blogging us all news of how you are doing. I'm glad, like I guess so many, to hear how you three are, what you are getting up to, and for mentions of Ali's name by and for those who love her. Can't think in the past tense about Ali as much as the future - I look forward to the day when we will be reunited!
Lovely stories from your everyday life that remind us life keeps on going and that church can be such a rich and supportive community of love, strength and comfort. I thank God so much for all the lovely people you live your lives with.
In the car yesterday remembered with a chill having given you and Ali 'A severe Mercy' early in your relationship, or when you got married. You two always were the couple most like them that I knew. I never would have thought your relationships would be mirrored to such an extent.
So much love to you Chris, from Nad x
2:57 pm
Chris,
Thank you for continuing to share with us the ups and downs and inbetweens of your life. Thank God for community and great friends. You are in our thoughts and prayers.
God bless. Ellen
The Lord's Ranch
6:57 pm
Dear Chris,
I echo Margie's heart when I say thank you for still posting comments. Your Binham songs play regularly in our home and are a reminder, not only of the beauty of Ali, but the beauty of her certain hope in Paradise. Thanks again. Aussie cousin Sarah
1:59 am
Dear Chris,
I am inspired by your words and your ability to see the beauty in life. Thank you.
Sending love to you and all of your family,
Georgina
10:24 am
thinking of you all
x C
8:17 pm
A pink furry cross? Where did that come from?
2:22 pm
Post a Comment
<< Home