a few words and pictures posted by a few people to keep a few other people up to date with ali

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The end of the blog











This is it, then, the end of the blog.

Here I am sitting by an open fire at Dutch l'Abri (a Christian community) near Utrecht in Holland .

And I have made a new start on a new blog. Asha and Kirin have had a few days being with Sue and Mark in Amsterdam - and the few days of space to think and pray here surrounded by apple orchards as far as the eye can see, has enabled me to move on again. So a new phase is starting.

I hope that you will find your way to this new blogsite. It's not supposed to be a secret, but you do have to send me a request and I will activate an invitation for you to join and send you the link.

So if you want to follow what is happening in our home and neighbourhood (principally it's my take on life with Asha and Kirin)
- then please Email me!

On Saturday 27th October at 12 noon we will be planting more bulbs at the foot of Ali's tree at the top of Springfield Park E5 at 12noon. At the moment that is a very small group indeed, so please think of joining us. I'll buy all the coffees/hot chocolates from the cafe to keep us warm!

I am still getting organised to fix/make permanent this "All about Ali" blogsite, and to generate copies for people so it's still not too late to request a copy if you haven't already- it may not reach you until Spring 2008 though.

Lots of love
Chris

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you Chris and thank you for sharing your journey with us - Chris B x

1:26 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, I am a colleague of Ali's Dad and have been watching and praying silently throughout the past year. I have been moved to tears, have smiled when you have smiled, have empathised with you all and have been inspired beyond measure by the honesty and the courage of all that is contained here.
May God continue to walk with you all x

4:47 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, thank you for continuing to share so much. the previous blog, with the account of the meeting in Letchworth with similar families was very special. What a wonderful idea for you all to share the survival of such loss. Talk about solidarity. I love Asha's safe bear. And of course she is safe, with a Dad like you, and your wonderful extended family. sorry not to make saturday: we were setting off on a train ride....from Venice!
with much love Victoria x

11:03 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a colleague of Ali's I have found your blog such a wonderful way of keeping in touch with you and the children, thank you.
I went to Binham a few weeks ago for the first time, the peace and magic of the place held me for a couple of hours just thinking about Ali, her strength, her unshakable faith and her endless capacity to see good in all.
My thoughts and prayers will be with you, the children and your families as you continue your journey.
Sue A

5:10 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chris, Asha and Kirin
All our love and en-courage-ment, whatever the future holds for you and wherever the future may take you.

from Johngee and Gwyn

8:56 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Chris,
I've felt like I belonged to a community of mutual love, prayer, comfort and hope through this blog. Thank you for allowing us to walk with each other and with you. I pray that I will be vulnerable enough to allow others to walk closely with me through the valley of the shadow of death. Thank you for showing me how. Love to you, Asha and Kirin, MaryTN

12:09 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank you, all of you, chris, and ahaa and kirin, and ali (always) and your community of friends and family and your god (our god), thank you for sharing with people who have never met you, indeed may never meet you, but only know of you through friends, thank you for touching my life, you are truely loved by so many, and you give out so much love yourselves. so much love, and so much else.
thank you - keep that precious, beautiful faith,
cal

10:08 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Chris,
I am from Amsterdam. I have been following the blog ever since Mark & Sue asked for prayer from the Christ Church congregation. My father passed away on 27 April 2007 (after 3 years of struggling with colon cancer). You & Ali's stories have been inspiring. The honesty, the depth, the life & joy of kids, the daily stuff...have helped bring greater prespective & healing. Thank you for sharing.
God bless.

Rosalie Ariston

3:56 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a memory of hugging Dr.Gene and saying "I cannot say 'thank you' again - there must be another word." There isn't, so 'thank you' Chris, Neil and Lynda for setting the blog up. Chris and Ali (she knows, I said it to her) for your honesty, love, writing through exhaustion and sometimes fear, because you needed the love compassion and prayers of those who read it. Thank you from us,to all of you who read it and gave just those things in abundance to our darling daughter and her very special husband and children. David and Ann

11:18 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Much love to you all. It´s been a privalage to join you in this journey.
Much sunshine from Mallorca
Amanda, Madison and our new family member Roxanne.

3:14 pm

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Chris, it has been such a privilege to share your journey. Despite the sadness and loss, it has been so life affirming. We miss Ali and think about her and your ongoing lives so much. You are a great and thoughful Dad. Kirin and Asha will always know that they are well loved. With much love
Ali and Andy

12:58 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home